Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Americans and Whoppers

With the official announcement that Burger King will open it’s first Whopper Bar in Orlando, we wonder, how does the good ole Whopper fit into the American life?


“I had a Whopper Jr. and an Icee. Did that EVER take me back! I can't remember the last time I had a Whopper Jr. Or an Icee, for that matter. But I do remember what they both represent. … I have these very vivid images of Papa at Burger King after church with us. I would always get a Whopper Jr. with no onions and french fries.” (Female, 30s, student)

“Mandorallyn [a toddler] had a Whopper Jr. (well, she ate the top of the bun, half the bottom bun, the tomato, the onion and a fourth of the meat pattie) and I had a Whopper Jr. and small onion rings.” (Female, 20s, Southern California, homemaker)

“I knew I wanted a Burger King, and my standard fare there is the double whopper. Whoppers are a fickle thing. A single whopper for a grown man with my stats is usually not enough: too much bread. A double is sometimes too much: lots of meat.” (Male, 30s, Vermont)

“For lunch I had: A Whopper w/Cheese - YIKES!!!! No fries and no soda though at least. Just the burger and a water. I had no dinner, and I danced all night - so I did work off the bad stuff that I ate earlier I hope!!!!” (Female)

“A couple days ago I filled up my gas tank at a whopping $3.85/gallon and on the way home I swung by Burger King to grab a whopper jr. and paid only $1.06 w/ tax.” (Female)

Even considering the fact that there are more women bloggers, in general, it was surprising how many women blogged about this burger.

Want more analysis? E-mail: heatherm@nicholasresearch.com

No comments: