Friday, November 21, 2008

Brrrr!!! It's cooooold!!!


With cold weather sweeping in across the nation, what does the blogosphere have to say about winter temperatures?

“I am buying a huge flat screen tv this weekend and joined Netflix yesterday. I do not plan on leaving my bedroom this winter!” Female, 24, Atlanta, GA

“Gettin’ nasty cold out there, folks. I wear calf-length wool coats and knee-high leather boots, but unfortunately the coat tends to flap open as I walk, allowing chilling gusts of freezing air to zoom directly up my skirt. Plus, the high-velocity nippy air bites at my cheeks and makes my eyes run. Wah!” Female, 20s, Boston, MA

“We're having a problem with our waterbottles. When cold, the plastic gets very stiff making getting a quick drink nearly impossible. We really have to slow down and sip, sip, sip to get any real fluids in.” Female

“I know, it's the weather, seriously, it makes me do crazy things that are way out of character. Maybe if it would just warm up and stay warm we would not have gotten in trouble” Female, Teens, Lexington, KY

Common themes included: Buying entertainment equiptment in preparation for a long season indoors; Preparing soup; Reporting about current weather and making predictions for the future; Getting winter clothes ready, and purchasing new clothes for the season.

There were also numerous postings on Flickr and other photo-sharing sites of first signs of winter weather.

For analysis on today's or any other topic, please drop me a line at: heatherm@nicholasresearch.com

No comments: