Monday, November 24, 2008

The Online Anti-Turkey Coalition


Well, we all know about the people who are getting ready to eat turkey on Thursday, but what about the people who aren't?

I don't eat Turkey on Thanksgiving. Nothing should have to die for a holidays sake. Plus it was almost our national bird. (Then we wouldn't be able to eat it? I don't know how that works. Has anyone tried to eat an Eagle?) - Female

Well there will only be 3 of us this year at the table so we are going with a roast duck instead of turkey...I have no desire to be eating leftover turkey until Christmas...lol. Female, 30s, Georgetown, KY

My mom asked me the other night if it was okay if we had ham instead of turkey for thanksgiving. I told her that she could do what she would do, but I would be cranky about it if we didn't have turkey and that I would probably resent it because you know in my memory, its always been turkey. who doesn't have turkey for thanksgiving? Female, 20s, Washington, DC

I would venture to guess that most people would be horrified if they were served cat on Thanksgiving instead of turkey. Both are equally as horrifying. Turkeys are affectionate, sociable, and loving animals. So are cats. How does one justify eating one and not the other? I’m not sure. Female, 20s, West Virginia

I think we’re going to go with chicken instead of turkey, since turkeys are so expensive and we’re all broke. Female, 23, Austin, TX

I don't like the turkey, or the ham, cranberry sauce, stuffing... yuk. All I eat on Thanksgiving is the hor d'oevres, most importantly the Ruffles and dip. Female, 30s

Among the most common reasons to not eat turkey were vegetarianism, preference for ham, or substitution of chicken.

Would you like analysis of today's or any other post? Drop me a line at heatherm@nicholasresearch.com.

No comments: